[Samba] HELP!!!! Access denied. Source file may be in use

Paul Eggleton paule at cjntech.co.nz
Thu Jul 24 04:34:09 GMT 2003

Goldston, Lloyd (SAIC) wrote on Thursday, 24 July 2003 7:33 a.m.:
> I have compiled Samba 2.2.7 on a Solaris 7 box. smbclient populated
> correctly and from my client I can see all the user shares as well as
> access them. I can also ftp files out but when I try to copy
> something into the Samba share, whether it is my own, test, or
> another users share, I get "Access Denied: The source file may be in
> use" The files I am attempting to copy are test text files.

Firstly (if you can) use Samba 2.2.8a, as it is the latest in the 2.x
series.

I can't see anything obviously wrong with your setup, but I would
suggest you turn the log level up to 3, restart samba, then try to do
the same file access and see if the logs tell you anything more. It's
worth checking the Unix user(s) that samba users is connecting with and
seeing if they actually have permission in Unix to write to the files in
question.

Cheers,
Paul