[Samba] Users for adding Machines in Domain

Corey Hart chart at acad.stedwards.edu
Wed Jul 23 18:35:54 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am running Samba 2.2.8a on RH Linux 8.0.  I currently have over 1000
machines that I wish to add to /etc/passwd using the following line:

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 527 -c Machine -s
/bin/false -M %u

This works fine when adding a machine into domain (from WindowsXP) and using
root / rootpwd .  I would like to setup other users to be able to add machines
into the domain from the desktop but have been unable to do so.  I have tried
the following

admin users = root coreyh

This did not have any affect.

I then tried

Domain Admin Group = @tempadmin

and in /etc/group place my user names in tempadmin group.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Am I overlooking something very easy?

--
----
Corey Hart
coreyh at admin.stedwards.edu