[Samba] Samba 3.0 + Active Directory + Debian + Profiles?

Jan Johansson jan.johansson at nwl.se
Wed Jul 23 08:59:09 GMT 2003

>How on earth do i make Debian/Unstable play nice and use Samba 3.0 as a
>member server in a AD-Domain running in Native Mode, and be able to
>store user profiles on the Samba server? I just can make no heads nor
>tails from any documentation, have I missed something fundamental?
>Adding the server to the domain was easy enough. But then user
>authentication does not seem to work?

Ok, now I added "realm = NWL.SE" to my smb.conf, and now I get

==> log.ndc2-w2k-1 <==
[2003/07/23 11:00:01, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(221)
  Username Administrator is invalid on this system
[2003/07/23 11:00:02, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(221)
  Username Administrator is invalid on this system

Seem to be a step forward, but not there yet....