[Samba] Everyone group difference between ACL/no ACLs. (follow-up)

Tom Dickson tdickson at inostor.com
Tue Jul 22 20:46:44 GMT 2003

More questions! :)

By setting create mask = 0700 directory mask = 0700 directory security mask
= 0700 I get a sort-of-work around to the issue, but then I can't add the
Everyone group back in! The Everyone group will turn into CREATOR OWNER the
moment I hit "Apply." This creates the following output from getfacls:

# file: tdickson
# owner: tdickson
# group: root
user::rwx
group::---
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:group::---
default:other::---

I've also seen CREATOR GROUP - is this normal? I'm beginning to expect that
I'm going to have to go to Samba 3.0 to get this to work right.

-Tom