[Samba] Offline Folders & Samba

jonlists jonlists at cbsol.com
Tue Jul 22 20:27:29 GMT 2003

I've inherited a samba server providing file services to a group of
Windows XP workstations.

Samba is 2.2.7 -security-rollup-fix

security is user level.

I'm trying to configure the ability for the XP laptop users to use offline
folders. The folder will synchronize, but not fully. When the XP user
disconnects, the files are not accessible ("Access is denied" errors). I
resolved by chmod'ing the files to 777, although this still didn't take
care of all of them.

It does synchronize some of the files, but not all. If we go into windows
attribute, and change any of them, they will synchronize.

Questions:

- can someone confirm offline folders works with samba?
- what is the typical create mask on a folder set to?

- any configuration ideas are certainly welcome.

Thank you....

Jon Johnston
Creative Business Solutions
IBM, Lotus, Microsoft Consultants