[Samba] configure error

Goldston, Lloyd (SAIC) lloyd.goldston at us.army.mil
Tue Jul 22 20:13:07 GMT 2003

When I run the configure script for samba-latest I get the no locking error.

checking whether struct passwd has pw_comment... yes
checking whether struct passwd has pw_age... yes
checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
checking whether to use included popt... ./popt
checking configure summary... ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba
would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

IS there a line I can edit to prevent this from bombing out on me?>
Thanks

Lloyd Goldston III
System Administrator II
Kiowa Warrior