[Samba] WIN NT 4.0 AND SAMBA

Kevin Smith ksmith at perfht.com
Tue Jul 22 16:00:40 GMT 2003

Do either NT 4.0 Sp6 or Samba 2.2.7a need any special config to get the NT
workstation to see the network?
What is happening is the DHCP service isn't activating, I suspect hardware
because even hard coding the IP doesn't work on the NT Box, I get Link and
100tx lights but no activity. I have set the workgroup, checked all
protocols ect.
I was just making sure I have the NT box set up correctly. I know the
network works because I have 3 other win 9x boxes and the samba server
working as perfectly as a network can <knock on wood>.

Kev