[Samba] Printing multiple copies

Chris Smith chris at realcomputerguy.com
Tue Jul 22 12:48:18 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 06:05, Joel Hammer wrote:
> With XP Home, printing to a postscript printer on my linux box, the job is
> sent as multiple, sequential  postscript files, each file being just one
> copy. Ergo, samba thinks it has received multiple different print jobs,
> not one job consisting of multiple copies. This is different from what I
> found before, suggesting that new print drivers on the windows box (XP)
> handle multiple copies differently.

I've had this problem with both XP Pro and Windows 2000 as well, but under
different circumstances. It was entirely related to CUPS when using the CUPS
driver as the problem was still present when bypassing Samba by printing to
CUPS using the IPP interface (a nice thing about that - one can easily
remove, or prove, Samba as a source of the problem). Creating raw printers on
the CUPS servers and using native Windows drivers cured the problem.