[Samba] Samba 3beta2/3 with ldapsam as PDC dont advice itself

Jochen Schmidt jochen.schmidt at millenux.com
Tue Jul 22 12:25:16 GMT 2003

Hi,

i have a problem with samba3 (with ldapsam).
I've set up my samba3 beta2 (also tried beta3) as a pdc, but it seems that
samba does not anounce it's DOMAIN correctly. I don't see my JOCHENGROUP
Domain from any Windows-Workstation.
I can search for the name of my PDC using the 'Search Computer' Function
and Windows will find it. I can doubleclick the PDC and login using the
created testusers and browse the shares. This seems to be ok.

The thing which won't work is the PDC functionality of samba.
Samba as standalonefileserver seems to work fine.

Environment:

- Samba3 on RedHat AS2.1 (self-compiled) with external WINS
- Samba3 on RedHat AS2.1 (self-compiled) with internal WINS (isolated network)
- Samba3 on RedHat 7.3 (self-compiled) with internal WINS (isolated network)
- Samba3 on RedHat 7.3 (pre-comiled) with internal WINS (isolated network)

isolated network meens no changes to the Machines only cut the
uplink-cable to the rest of the network.

I think it is an ldap-Problem, but i can't find anything.
I've attached my Samba-Config an ldif-File from my Ldap (eDirectory
8.7.0.3 on Linux) and the converted edir samba-Schema for beta2 and beta3
as ldif.

Does anyone has a hint for me how to solve my problem (I've searched the
ML and it seems that i'm the only one with this problem).

thanks,

Jochen

Jochen Schmidt                           jochen.schmidt at millenux.com
Mi||enux GmbH                                mobile: +49.175.5752483
Lilienthalstraße 2                          phone: +49.711.88770.300
70825 Stuttgart-Korntal                       fax: +49.711.88770.349
      -= linux without limits -=- http://linux.zSeries.org/ =-
PGP Fingerprint:  6F9A 85CE 78EA 7EF1 B2BA  3559 8FA1 2B13 098D 20B5