[Samba] Windows XP slow with samba-2.2.7 from RH7.3

Francesc Guasch frankie at etsetb.upc.es
Tue Jul 22 10:09:06 GMT 2003

Hi.

I posted last week a question about a network with some XP PCs.
One PC connects fine to the samba server, but the other one
is quite slow, almost unusable. There are also Win98 hosts
running fine.

Someone kindly answered he had the same problem, and solved it
upgrading to samba-3 beta. I can't put beta software on this
server.

Do I have any other option ?

Here is an extract of the smb.conf file:

[global]
    local  master = no
    domain master = no
    preferred master = no