[Samba] idmap problems with Samba 3.0 beta3

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Thu Jul 17 18:19:05 GMT 2003

Hi!

With Samba 3.0 beta 2, I could use "idmap" Windows-to-Unix mappings. I
could run "pdbedit -a <user>" to add a Windows account and Samba would
automatically acquire a UID using OpenLDAP as the backend. However, with
the same configuration file, Samba 3.0 beta 3 simply doesn't query the
OpenLDAP directory about "sambaUnixIdPool" object class, and limits to
look for a directory entry with a "uid" matching the username specified
as parameter in the "pdbedit" command.

What am I doing wrong? What has changed since beta 2? The announcement
talks about changes in mapping between SID and UID, but, as in the past,
the documentation is scarce and somewhat confusing. I haven't been able
to track any changes to this.

Any ideas?
Thanks!