[Samba] I am getting "sessionsetup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (...)

Ian ipshears at ozonline.com.au
Thu Jul 17 04:28:05 GMT 2003

Could someone help me to connect FreeBSD 3.1 Unix (& Samba) with Win 98se (with all updates posted)?  The error has to do with ...(Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.).  I have read till my eyes are falling out.  I have done the diagnosis and all works except the password problem.  My Win box has the Samba Server in its network neighbourhood, etc. Just this password message blows me away.  The smbd, nmbd and swat programs are in /usr/local/sbin and the smbpasswd file is in the recommended ..../private directory.
As I have spent the best part of one week on this problem if I can't get help today I will have to clear Samba off - and NO!! pizza.
Ian