[Samba] can't connect as different user via XP

_Chris McKeever_ tech-mail at prupref.com
Wed Jul 16 16:47:36 GMT 2003

I am trying to connect to a samba share via windows XP pro.  The machine is
not connected to the domain that samba maintains.  When I try to connect, I
get the typical username/password pop-up, but after typing in _anything_ the
samba logs show this:

LDAP search "(&(uid=bradley d. kennedy)(objectclass=sambaAccount))" returned
0 entries.

where 'bradley d. kennedy' is the logon name that XP is running under.

I never have seen this where XP wont let you connect to the share with a
different username.

I have done net use * /delete to purge any connections, but it still
persists.

Any suggestions?