[Samba] passwd program not called as root

Chee Wai Yeung cheewai_yeung2003 at yahoo.com.hk
Wed Jul 16 08:49:30 GMT 2003

Hi, I found the same thing when I was trying to use
passwd chat. I wrapped the passwd command and checked
and saw that during the chat passwd was called with
UID being that of the user that tried to change the
passwd. This is the case at least for Samba 3.0beta2.
It was not that for samba2.2.8a.

I am not sure why myself.