[Samba] Print quota still not working

Shanti Katta katta at csee.wvu.edu
Mon Jul 14 20:28:43 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I posted about this issue few days back, but haven't gotten any
appropriate response yet. Also, I haven't progressed any further by
searching google or mailing lists.

I am running CUPS-1.1.19-final and samba-2.2.8a on a highly available
Debian server. I grabbed "cups-samba-1.1.19 drivers for Windows" from
Cups website for automatic driver download to work on Windows clients
which are also claimed to account page printing correctly. But, I have
not been able to get quotas to work based to page-count
(job-page-limit), although it works with job-k-limit option.

I read that CUPS does not count pages correctly if printing in "raw"
format and hence logs "1" for every job in page_log. Till few days back,
I had pages being logged in /var/log/cups/page_log, but now it doesn't
seem to log anything in there.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Shanti