[Samba] samba printerserver and NT-drives?

Nykänen Arto arto.nykanen at islh.intermin.fi
Mon Jul 14 07:55:11 GMT 2003

I have successfully installed samba 2.2.8a-1 printserver.

No I have created 2 "dummy devices", which use the ps2pdf script to change the
PS-input to pdf.
One I share with name pdf_W2K and another as a pdf_NT.

I have managed to create the print$ and configured the driveruploading so that
users with NTadmin rights and/or domain admin rights can install printers on
XP/W2K/NT.
Users with normal rights can install both printers on W2k or XP, BUT not to NT.

Nt says that user privileges are not sufficient, because the driver should be
installed locally! I really dont want to run and install it on 580 computers....

Could anyone help me with this?

I really wouldnt want to go and mess with the userrights in NT-domain.
-----------------------------------
Arto Nykänen
Suunnittelija / Tietohallinto
Itä-Suomen lääninhallitus
GSM (work)  +35840 700 6377
Tel.(work)  +35820 51 66151
FAX (work)  +35820 51 66146

arto.nykanen at islh.intermin.fi
GSM (home) +35850 581 5659
"Linux is like wigwam, no windows, no gates, apache inside"