[Samba] Re: VMware and NetBios Problem

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Sat Jul 12 20:54:33 GMT 2003

| DELLBOX is resolved by a local name server, but not
| to 192.168.113.1. This number appears nowhere that I
| know of, and I cannot find it in any RH8 files.

The address might be the self-assigned address after
your VMWare virtual host failed to obtain proper
network configuration from a live DHCP server.

| What is vmware virtual net?  Did it come with my
| vmware?

The ability to have a second IP address exclusively
for the use of your VMWare virtual host. Your Linux
host's NIC gets a second IP address which is then
used only by the virutal host.