[Samba] Samba and CUPS

ayach-asu ayach-asu at ovu.vorkuta.com
Fri Jul 11 08:06:10 GMT 2003

hi all
I have samba v 2.2.8a and cups v1.1.6
This cups have not cupsaddsmb and i try add printer in samba self.
When i run command:
     smbclient //localhost/print\$ -N -U'root%<pswd>' -c 'put
     /var/spool/cups/3f0be8aa8646b W32X86/printer.ppd'
recieve subject:
        ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denided.) opening remote file
        \W32X86/printer.ppd
But when i add printer in cups this printer visible in samba,
but this printer not print when i try printing in Windows
I try compiled other version CUPS and SAMBA,
but SAMBA not compiled with cups. Why?.I don't understand.
I install this version cups and SAMBA - Samba compiled with cups OK,
but printer not printing.

Excuse me for my english
--
Regards, elje