[Samba] VMware and NetBios Problem

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri Jul 11 05:12:57 GMT 2003

Yuo not write how configured is wmvare networking and what is DELLBOX.
RH8 resolve it as 192.168.113.1 and try to this ip connect as samba client.
timeout say what this ip addres not exist or not provide microsoft or samba
file share networking.

First you need proper config for winxp tcpip and wmvare virtual net adapter,
second this is reflect in RH eth0 config.
And last if you use smbmount you need create smb.conf with proper
settings...

Bye.