[Samba] Ldap failover

Mike Samba samba at astroshapes.com
Thu Jul 10 18:49:13 GMT 2003

This is driving me nuts...

I have two LDAP servers working.  One primary, one slave.  Replication
is working.  I have my PDC authenticating against one LDAP server, or
the other.  I cannot get it to check the first, if that is unavailable,
then check the second.  It basically crashes.  Here is the line I am
currently using in smb.conf:

   ldap server = srv1.domain.com

This works, as does:

   ldap server = srv2.domain.com

But this crashes:

   ldap server = srv1.domain.com srv2.domain.com

I have also tried the new method of:

	 passdb backend = ldapsam_compat:ldap://pdc.domain.com

This works as does the backup domain controller.  If I put both entries
in, nothing works...  testparm shows no errors and samba appears to work
correctly until you try to authenticate.  In debug mode, the error
message is:

	tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
                                                                              Has anyone been successful at this?  Am I formatting it incorrectly?  I have tried this with samba3-beta1 and samba3-beta2.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!