[Samba] RH8 guest: bad fs?

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 22:42:42 GMT 2003

I recently reinstalled RH8 as a VMware guest on a WinXP box.
I used a previously proven script at level 3, containing, in
one line with no inappropriate spaces:

   mount -t smbfs -o user,noauto,dmask=777,fmask=777,username=xx,
   password=yy //DELLBOX/linuxShare /mnt/linuxShare

I get a failure that reports numerous possibilities including
bad fs, and other other things.  I suspect I omitted a step
in the installation.  I used the standard RH8 Workstation install,
and later executed an upgrade to get Samba.

Pings are successful in both directions.

Any suggestion about what I might be missing?

Thanks,
Mike.