[Samba] I get two diffrent errors now...:-(

Keith Williams ikw38 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 20:39:45 GMT 2003

Hi Team,
	For the last several days I have worked very hard in trying to get a Samba
PDC up.
I have now reinstalled RH9- running Samba 2.2.7a and everything is running.
But now I can't even get it to comeup as workf group.
One error i get "SMIS DOMAIN" - Network Path not found. This is what iget
with current SMB.CONF
The othe one is in the attachment.

Here is the current SMB.CONF file. Now I have tried user, Domain, server as
security none seem to like anything.

[global]
workgroup = SMIS
netbios name = Linux_Server
server string = Samba PDC running %v
logon drive = H:
security = server
encrypt passwords = yes
browsable = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes
os level = 64
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
domain admin group = @ntadmins
hosts allow =  192.168.1.100/50  127.0.0.1

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50

printcap = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes
printing = lprng
use client driver = yes

#========================= Share Definitions ========================
[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browsable = no
public = yes
writable = no
printable = yes

[public]
comment = A public share for vendor docs, etc.
path = /usr/public
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[temp]
comment = A place to drop off temporary files
path = /tmp
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[docs]
comment = Main Document Share for important Corporate Documents
path = /doc
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755