[Samba] I get two diffrent errors now...:-(

Mark lists at greplinux.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 9 21:02:22 GMT 2003

Network path not found is usually caused by Redhat's default firewall
blocking ports 137-139.

security = user
Is needed for a PDC. You will also need a [netlogon] share. See my
webpage for further help.

Regards,
Mark
Samba Setup Guide
www.samba.netfirms.com

Hi Team,
	For the last several days I have worked very hard in trying to
get a Samba PDC up. I have now reinstalled RH9- running Samba 2.2.7a and
everything is running. But now I can't even get it to comeup as workf
group. One error i get "SMIS DOMAIN" - Network Path not found. This is
what iget with current SMB.CONF The othe one is in the attachment.

Here is the current SMB.CONF file. Now I have tried user, Domain, server
as security none seem to like anything.

[global]
workgroup = SMIS
netbios name = Linux_Server
server string = Samba PDC running %v
logon drive = H:
security = server
encrypt passwords = yes
browsable = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes
os level = 64
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %m$ domain admin group = @ntadmins hosts allow =
192.168.1.100/50  127.0.0.1 socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50

printcap = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes
printing = lprng
use client driver = yes

#========================= Share Definitions ========================
[printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba browsable = no
public = yes writable = no printable = yes

[public]
comment = A public share for vendor docs, etc.
path = /usr/public
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[temp]
comment = A place to drop off temporary files
path = /tmp
public = yes
create mask = 0755
force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[docs]
comment = Main Document Share for important Corporate Documents path =
/doc public = yes create mask = 0755 force directory mode = 0755
writable = yes

[home]
comment = Home directory for %U
path = /home/%U