[Samba] Question on PDC's and BDC's

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Wed Jul 9 16:15:19 GMT 2003

Morning everyone.

I have a question about something i've been thinking about lately.
I recently rolled out a samba server running 2.2.8a with OpenLDAP 2.0.27 on
the backend to hold the user account info.

My question is, how many people out there are running samba as their PDC
and have implemented a BDC as well? I'm starting to consider about putting
up a BDC for safeties sake.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on a BDC? A good idea?
Bad idea? What they recommend and so forth.

Lastly, does anyone know of a document or link that has statistics in a
comparison between samba as a PDC and Windows as a PDC? Maybe for instance,
the load level, how many users each server can support etc.

Thank you everyone.

Cheers,

Jason