[Samba] ACLs and Journalling file systems...

Bradley D. Thornton website.is at www.NorthTech.US
Tue Jul 8 22:26:25 GMT 2003

I'm running slackware 9.0

Does ReiserFS NOT support ACLs? I
understand that XFS does (with a patch), but the page that I got this
information from is kind of old
(http://www.linux-mag.com/2002-10/jfs_01.html - which may also assist in
helping one decide which file system to go with I suppose).

The reason I ask is because I am interested in SAMBA/CIFS applications
running Linux as a file server/PDC (another one ;) ).

I'm already running one successfully at one client site, but for some reason
I'm having permission problems which prevent some people from being able to
delete/edit files created by someone else in the [public] share.

Also, I'm still unable to get people to be able to change their passwords
from their w2k workstations.

Of particular note was that Samba wouldn't compile until I removed the
winbind and pam directives before running ./configure

---