[Samba] Printing Through Samba From Windows

Buck Turgidson jc_va at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:27:56 GMT 2003

I want to consolidate some NT/Linux machines into a single Linux machine
running samba.  I have a Brother Printer/Scanner/Fax combo that is not
supported by Linux.

If I set this printer up under samba and access it from a Windows client on
the network, won't I be using the Windows driver?  It seems to me it should
work ok like this, since I believe that Windows will just see it as a
network printer.

I am not sure about the fax modem, though, although I don't see why that
shouldn't work, either.

Thanks for any opinions.