[Samba] Using PAM - Logging into Linux using an NT Domain account

kenneth.westelinck at tiscali.be kenneth.westelinck at tiscali.be
Tue Jul 8 06:10:07 GMT 2003

Just follow this man page:
http://ftp.easynet.be/samba/docs/man/winbindd.8.html
this worked for me. The only extra thing I had to do was to specify the
user to use when winbindd is connecting to the IPC$ share, using wbinfo
-A <user>. Make sure you create backups of pam files before tinkering with
them ;)

>-- Origineel Bericht --
>From: Ian Clancy <ClancyIan at cel.ie>
>To: "'samba at lists.samba.org'" <samba at lists.samba.org>
>Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:35:01 +0100
>Subject: [Samba] Using PAM - Logging into Linux using an NT Domain account
>

>Hello Samba Users,
I work for the IT Department of a small company and we've already replaced
our NT4 File Servers with Linux servers running Samba. We'd like to replace
some of our windows workstations also. It would be really cool if employee's
>uld log into the Linux workstations using their existing NT accounts !

Has anybody had much luck using winbind and PAM to allow log on to Linux
worksataions using a windows NT Domain acount ?. Any info, or past
experiences shared will be helpful a
>d much appriciated
Ian Clancy

not necessarily those of Connaught Electronics Ltd. Information in this

e-mail may be confidential and is for the use of the intended recipie