[Samba] can't access samba share from xp

kluu te linuxpower at operamail.com
Tue Jul 8 00:51:16 GMT 2003

Use encrypted passwd and wins support = yes. Uncomment wins server. No wins ip's on the xp. Uncheck Enable LMHOSTS lockup in properties,advanced, wins in your tcp/ip protocol in yhe xp.
Apply all the hosts ip's and names in /etc/samba/lmhosts
and in /etc/hosts.
In /etc/hosts.allow apply
host allow =
name resolv order = lmhosts host wins bcast
Reboot both maschines