[Samba] newbie profile path problem

Jim Dearden jimdearden at look.ca
Fri Jul 4 22:04:48 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I've been working on setting up samba for a small home network, 3
win98se machines, and RH9 with samba 2.2.7

Roving profiles are working, with domain logins, just fine. The problem
I'm having is that although I _think_ I've set it up properly, the
profile items get copied into the users home directory, not the the
directory I've set up.

I've gone through all the faqs and doc files I could find, but still
can't seem to get it  to work. Could someone point out the probably very
obvious thing I've missed?

Thanks,

Jim Dearden
(smb.conf file below)

----------------------------
[global]
   workgroup = mygroup
   server string = Samba Test Server %v on (%L)
   netbios name = Testbed
   hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1

;   printing = cups
;  guest account = pcguest
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   log level = 2
   max log size = 50

   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
   pam password change = yes
   obey pam restrictions = yes

   local master = yes
   os level = 33