[Samba] Changed from "(no subject)" to root account access

Don Zajic donald.zajic at verizon.net
Thu Jul 3 15:01:14 GMT 2003

Michael,

You need to set up your "root" user account in Samba.  Enter the
following command:

Smbpasswd -a root

You will be prompted to enter the root password and retype to verify as
follows:

New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Added user root.

I would recommend that you adduser to your linux router then add the
same users to samba with smbpasswd -a instead of using the root account
for normal file access.  Your call.

In my experience, I use root account only when adding machines to my
domain controller.

Don Zajic