[Samba] Re: Winpopup message to all user on a PDC

Hindman, Mike J mike.j.hindman at intel.com
Tue Jul 1 16:44:19 GMT 2003

Ok that is pretty much what I do..

Except.. Most of my net sends don't end up working.. They fail unless I
explicitly do a nmblookup and specify the broadcast to find that
computer..

Seeing how im dealing with the entire contents of 10.x.x.x  around
20,000 computers that I may have to contact for some reason.. Its easy
for me to know there netbios name.. As its there login name.. However
there subnet is a whole different ballgame.. Im hoping it will clear up
after browse lists have propagated in a few days.. But if you have any
ideas let me know..

-Mike