[Samba] How to "recover" the printer drivers?

Vizitiu, Ciprian CVizitiu at gbif.org
Tue Jul 1 15:50:13 GMT 2003

> > Of course printcap is there in /etc and it is 644. Did I forgot to
> > copy something?
>
> Yes, the "Registry"....
>
> > Anybody with a hint?
>
> Samba stores printer driver information (including DeviceMode
> etc.) in its own equivalent to the Windows Registry, the
> "*.tdb" files. These should also be restored to get
> everything up and running as before....

Hmmm... I've restored ALL the content of /etc/samba and /var/cache/samba.
Please tell me that there are other places where samba keeps tdbs... Because
otherwise I've restored them all. :-/ Is the printers "registry" different
than the users one? Because the rest of the samba seems to be working domain
auth and like.