[Samba] How to authenticate to CVS via Winbind?

Tobias Mueller tmueller at a-i-c.de
Tue Jul 1 14:19:30 GMT 2003

Hi!

As a Samba newbie I have a big problem getting my Win2000 Server PDC users
to authenticate to CVS/SSH on my samba 2.2.3a-12.3 debian woody machine. The
linux server is member of the Windows Domain, and users can login via the
network neighbourhood and their domain passwords (style: DOMAIN\user).
wbinfo -u gives me all the known Domain users, so I think winbind is working
correctly...

Is there a detailled documentation out there showing how to fix these
problems? Use google a lot, but didn't find appropriate solutions for my
environment. As far as I understood, one has to use the pam_winbind.so
module (in /etc/nsswitch.for example) which is installed on my system.

I would be very thankful if somebody could give me a hint.
Thanks a lot in advance,

Tobi