[Samba] Cannot see home folder on MAC OS X

Eugene Joubert EugeneJ at centratel.co.za
Tue Jul 1 06:32:40 GMT 2003

Hi,

> I am running Samba 2.2.7a-58 on a SuSE 8.2 system. I have a few PC
> connecting to the server and a few MACs. I am having a problem with
> the MACs. Sometimes (most of the time) the MAC clients can access the
> shares on the server, but can't access their home folders. They can't
> even see the home folder. Going via netatalk it works fine. I have
> gone through some documentation and can not find anything pertaining
> to my problem. The PCs can acess their home folders just fine.
>
> Testparm runs with no errors. Just no home folders available for the
> mac os x users. When I look in my samba logfiles, I can see that the
> clients are connecting to samba using nobody as the username. Sure
> this is not right?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> I am just about running a default config of samba. Nothing fancy like
> PDC etc. No printers either.
>
> Thanks

Regards
Eugene Joubert
Network Administrator
CentraTel (PTY) LTD
Enabling Communications

*Office: +27 11 695 9000
*Direct: +27 11 695 9044
*Fax: +27 11 695 9015
*E-mail: eugenej at centratel.co.za
*Web-site: www.centratel.co.za <www.centratel.co.za>
<http://www.centratel.co.za <http://www.centratel.co.za> >

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by e-mail. Any
views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do
not necessarily coincide with those of Centratel (PTY) LTD.