[Samba] Samba - winXP lookup

Jens Pettersson pettersson_jens at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 31 20:44:28 GMT 2003

Hi all,

We're using samba, and we'd tried
it with multiple Windows versions: 98, ME, 2000 and XP, in that order.
However, when we migrated from 2000 to XP, a problem apeared that was not
present in any other Windows version. Everthing works fine, excepting that
when I am using the samba shares (browsing, opening files, etc...) from time
to time I get a ~30 second lockup. During that time, the Samba shares are
unresponsive from that computer (other computers work fine).

I imagine this is probably an XP bug (since it doesn't happen in other
Windows versions). But I would like to know if anyone has this problem and
knows of a solution (from Samba or from XP).

Is there a solution to this or do we have to live with it...hopefully not ;)

/Dive