[Samba] Mandrake 9.0: rpcclient problem exporting printers to samba for windows

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Fri Jan 31 09:18:00 GMT 2003

> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:00:21 -0600
> From: David Woodyard <dwoody1 at airmail.net>
> To: samba at samba.org
> Subject: [Samba]
>  Mandrake 9.0: rpcclient problem exporting printers to samba for windows
> Message: 2
>
> I am new to CUPS, after working for 4 days to get printing from WinNT to
> Mandrake 9.0, I give up. Here is the problem:
> the /etc/samba/smb.conf is setup with [printers] and [print$]. I copy the
> postscript drivers from adobe. I then tried to export a printer to samba with
> the following command
> 	cupsaddsmb -v -U dwoody canon
>
> It did all of the commands successfully except for the last one. which was:
> 	rpcclient localhost -N -Udwoody%password -c 'setdriver canon canon'
>
> It failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL.
> I ran the same rpcclient standalone with debug and I got several error
> messages. They are
> 	1) connection refused on localhost:445 (it then used port 139 - should it?)
> 	2) WERR_ACCESS_DENIED (this was near the end of the output)
> 	3) NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
>
> I have not been able to fix the first two errors. BTW, the drive shares are
> working correctly.

1)Is the user dwoody in the list of "printer admin"s
2)Does the user dwoody have write access to the print$ share
3)Does the user dwoody have write access to the directories in the
print$ share (ie /var/lib/samba/printers/*)

If in doubt, please send the entire defintions of your print$ and
printers shares, and the following output:
$ grep print /etc/samba/smb.conf|egrep -v [\;\#]

BTW, using the adobe postscript drivers is really only recommended for
postscript printers, you should upload the windows native drivers from a
windows machine if you have non-postscript printers.

But, the same issues would apply.

Buchan