[Samba] ls -l hangs

Chris Unger chris.unger at mcall.com
Thu Jan 30 15:33:10 GMT 2003

     I just installed Samba 2.2.7a, --with-winbind --with-pam.  Everything
appears to be working great, as far as logging in, authenicating to a Windows
2000 domain, creating/saving files. BUT, when I login to the UNIX box as root
and goto the shared directory and type ls -al, all I get is:

total 4
drwxrwxrwx   2 root     other        512 Jan 30 09:44 .
drwxr-xr-x  32 root     root        1024 Jan 29 14:14 ..

     Running ls or ls -a work just fine. I am guessing it has something to do
with the users/groups.

     Running getent passwd returns all the local users and all the DOMAIN users,
 same as getent group.

     BTW, I have not configured pam.conf because I didn't think I needed it yet.
 I plan to use pam for netatalk and getting Macs to authenticate to to the
Win2000 AD.

     Thanks for your help!

System Details:

SunOS tmctest 5.8 Generic_108528-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
samba 2.2.7a

smb.conf
[global]
        netbios name = tmctest

        log level = 2
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/samba.log

        security = domain
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        password server = PDC1
        encrypt passwords = yes