[Samba] - adding domain users to local windows 2000 groups

Matt Lung matt.lung at midwest-tool.com
Tue Jan 28 15:18:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am having a problem with adding domain users to a local windows 2000
group like Power Users.  It keeps giving me the error "unable to lookup
user names for display."

We have RH 7.1 running and Samba 2.2.4 installed as a PDC.  I used to be
able to login as an administrator of the domain in 2K and add as many
users as I wanted to a group.  Now I have to actually have the person I
want to add login to the computer before I can add them.  I'm just
wondering if anyone else has experienced this before or seen that error
and could help.  If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt Lung