[Samba] password syncronization

serdar aslan e112319 at metu.edu.tr
Tue Jan 28 15:41:15 GMT 2003

  Dear friends we have the following problem.
 We have Operating system=OpenBsd installed computer
 and an other one with windows 98

 when we change the password via
 smbpasswd myname ...
 then we have the following problem.
 My sambapassword is really changed.
 Since when I try to communicate samba server through windows 98
installed computer I see there is no problem. (Since we can see the shared
documents.)
 But when I check whether the unix password is also changed or not I see
it is not changed. Hence the two passwords are not syncronized.
 What is the problem?

 ps:I have the following smb.conf parts:

  unix password sync = yes

         passwd chat = *"New password:"* %n\n *"Retype new password:"*
%n\n *"Success"*a
 passwd program = /usr/sbin/passwd

 min password length = 6
   passwd chat debug = true

             \|///
              \  - -  //                                  _\=/_
    |        SERDAR ASLAN    |
            METU/ANKARA/TURKEY
       TEL:0312 4834428  THANK YOU.
    |        oOOo                                      oOOo            |
    |       (    )    oOOo                            (   )     oOOo   |