[Samba] Login problem

Johan Strydom jstrydom at rand.com
Tue Jan 28 12:46:18 GMT 2003

Hi all.

I am using Samba 2.0.7,REV=1 on a Sun Solaris box.  I set this up about two
years ago.  The last month or so I have been having problems with it.  We
have a Windows 2000 domain controller that the users log in to.  The clients
are Windows NT4.0 are Windows 2000.  I primarily use Samba for printer
sharing.  There is a OCE9400 printer on one of the Sun boxes.  Samba is
installed on another Sun box.  Now the Windows users can seem to log on any
more.  It gives me the following error when I try:  net use x: \\rsd5\usr4
/user:RSD\don.  System error 1240 has occurred.  The account is not
authorized to login from this station.  It gives me the same error if I try
root or any other user.  Can anybody please help.  Here is my smb.conf file.

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = RSD
	netbios name = RSD5
	server string = Temp Samba Server
	min password length = 2
	unix password sync = Yes
	log file = /usr/samba/log/samba.log
	announce version =
	keepalive = 0
	max open files = 1000
	dns proxy = No
	wins support = Yes
	guest account =
	guest ok = Yes
	hosts allow = 10.51.223.
	printable = Yes
	printing = bsd
	print command = lp -d OCE %s
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpstat -o%p
	lprm command = /usr/bin/cancel %p-%j
	queuepause command = /usr/bin/disable %p
	queueresume command = /usr/bin/enable %p
	veto files = /.*/
	veto oplock files = /s.*/

[netlogon]
	comment = Logon script directory
	path = /usr/samba/logon
	guest ok = No
	printable = No
	browseable = No

[Complete]
	comment = Complete Unix system
	path = /
	valid users = johan, root
	writeable = Yes
	guest ok = No
	printable = No
	veto files =
	map system = Yes
	map hidden = Yes

[usr2]
	comment = Work directory on Unix
	path = /usr2
	printable = No

[homes]
	comment = %U home directory
	writeable = Yes
	printable = No

[usr4]
	comment = User's home path
	path = /usr4
	writeable = Yes
	printable = No

[usr5]
	comment = Superceded directory
	path = /usr5
	writeable = Yes
	printable = No

[OCE]
	comment = OCE 9400 Plotter
	path = /usr/samba/spool
	lpq command = lpstat -o%p
	lprm command = cancel %p-%j
	queuepause command = disable %p
	queueresume command = enable %p
	printer = OCE

If you need more info from me please let me know.

Thank you and kind regards.

Johan Strydom
Applications Engineer
RAND Worldwide