[Samba] printing problems

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Jan 25 01:37:00 GMT 2003

Disappearing print jobs are often a driver issue.
I don't use cups, so:
Is your print command correct? lpr-cups?
Does the job get transferred to your /var/spool/samba directory?
Does the job get removed? I don't see a "rm %s" command in your print command.
If the job gets transferred but not printed, can you print it out with the
same command you use in your printing share?
The samba logs might be useful.
What do your printing logs show?
Does you guest user have the rights to use your printing software? BTW,
I don't see a guest user defined in your smb.conf.

Joel