[Samba] printing problems

Colin Jenkins colinjenkins at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 24 06:31:01 GMT 2003

not sure what Iv'e messed up here, but I did have my mandrake 9 server sharing it's printer to my windows boxes with samba.
I reinstalled linus on the server, and replaced winxp with mandrake 9 on one workstation.
the linux workstation and server each have a printer connected and both machines can use each others printers.
I have been trying for a week to get the windows boxes to use the printers to no avail.
The printers are found and installed, but the print jobs disappear....no errors.
any ideas?
oh yeah, below is part of my smb.conf

#============== Global Settings =====================
[global]
	workgroup = CURRICULUM
	netbios name = hal
 	load printers = yes
	security = server
	server string = Samba Server %v
	passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
	printing = cups
	default = home
	password server = 192.168.0.1
	update encrypted = no
	encrypt passwords = no
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	domain logons = no
	wins server = 192.168.0.1
	local master = yes
	preferred master = No
	domain master = No

#============ Share Definitions ===============

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	read only = No
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.
	printable = Yes
	printing = cups
        use client driver = yes
	print command = lpr-cups -P %p %s # using cups own drivers (use generic PostScript on clients).
	lpq command = lpstat -o %p
	lprm command = cancel %p-%j
	browseable = yes