[Samba] Error attempt_netbios_session_request

Thorsten D. Marsen t.d.marsen at web.de
Fri Jan 24 11:27:01 GMT 2003

Hella List,

regularily I get Syslog Messages of following form:

Jan 24 03:39:03 venezuela smbd-ldap[9175]:   attempt_netbios_session_request: WINXPHOME rejected the session for name *SMBSERVER with error Not listening on called name
Jan 24 03:39:03 venezuela smbd-ldap[9175]:   connect_to_client: machine WINXPHOME rejected the NetBIOS session request.

My Server called "venezuela" ist PDC and configured to use LDAP as you can see. The system is running very stable, but sometimes - not every time - I have extreme Login-/Logout Times at my Windows Client "WINXPHOME" running Windows XP. In my opinion, this is no DNS problem. Im running Roaming Profiles at der PDC and Linux is the WINS Server (wins support = dns proxy = yes, name resolve order = hosts bcast). Others is standard - there is no complex network architecture involved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Thorsten.