[Samba] Beginner with a beginner's question..

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Jan 24 00:22:01 GMT 2003

I think you should first learn how to use linux, than learn to use samba.

Learn about permissions!

Learn bash, vi, sed, grep, cat, less, find, cd, ls, chown, chmod, locate, and cut.
All of these, except vi, have good man pages (man ls or man bash). There are
books on bash, vi, and sed, and they are needed.

Learn about permissions!

Learn how to print with linux. I don't mean set up a printer. I mean
learn how your printing software works. Printing problems will never go
away.

Learn about permissions!

It won't do you much good to use samba if you can't use your linux
box. Samba simply allows linux to interact with windows boxes.

Joel