[Samba] sort-of fix for net rpc vampire account creation

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Tue Jan 21 13:18:39 GMT 2003

Continuing the saga:
Groups are not migrated by the ldap_nua backend, even if I create a
posixGroup entry. After a bit of prodding, I found the latter was
because Samba had set up group mappings in group_mapping.tdb, which my
manually-created LDAP groups didn't agree with. Removing
group_mapping.tdb fixed /that/ problem - i.e. accounts have their
group information properly updated - but the basic problem, that
groups are not migrated - still exists. And it appears that
smbgroupedit is not capable of creating a new group in the same way
that smbpasswd is capable of creating a new user.

I'm copying this to samba-technical, since I believe it's an
implementation detail at this point.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
Some people just don't know which side of the good/evil thing to side