[Samba] Printing problem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Jan 18 04:48:01 GMT 2003

Well, this may not seem like much, but, I looked at your logs. The smblogs
looked identical. The client logs had only these differences.

param/loadparm.c:lp_add_home(1890) adding home directory user2 at /files1/test
 smbd/service.c:make_connection(610) simplewkstn (134.117.10.119) connect to service IPC$ as user nobody (uid=60001, gid=60001) (pid 13042)
 smbd/service.c:make_connection(610) simplewkstn (134.117.10.119) connect to service IPC$ as user user2 (uid=1548, gid=3000) (pid 12970)

The first and last line come from user2's log. What this means is that
user2 and user1 are not being treated identically by samba.
So, find out why user2 adds a home directory and user1 doesn't, and find out
why user1 is treated as nobody when he logs onto the IPC$ (whatever that is)
and user2 is logged on as user2.

Joel