[Samba] Samba-LDAP - Getting Computer accounts to live in ou=Computers

Jim C jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Fri Jan 17 19:15:41 GMT 2003

Dariush Forouher wrote:
> Am Fre, 2003-01-17 um 09.35 schrieb Jim:
>
>>OK, here is the deal.  My system spins like a top with one exception.
> Are you using samba 2.2 or 3.0?
> With samba 3.0 you can specify this in smb.conf

Right now I am using 2.2.7a. Is 3.0 out and stable?  If it is, I will
consider an upgrade.  I've really got to learn how to make rpm packages
someday. ;-)

> ldap suffix = dc=brgs,dc=org
> ldap machine suffix = ou=Machines
> ldap user suffix = ou=People
>
> But AFAIR this is not possible with samba 2.2, beside this options are
> missing it still requieres a unix account for every machine trust
> account.

Yes, I've noticed that all of the machine accounts are posix.

Thanks for the response.  I'll spend the rest of the day looking at
and/or doing an upgrade assumeing I can find everything OK.

Jim C.

P.S. Oh, wait.  I should ask if there are any known bad bugs in Samba
3.0 as yet.  Are there?  Thanks.