[Samba] Samba-LDAP - Getting Computer accounts to live in ou=Computers

Dariush Forouher dariush at forouher.de
Fri Jan 17 09:31:01 GMT 2003

Am Fre, 2003-01-17 um 09.35 schrieb Jim:
> OK, here is the deal.  My system spins like a top with one exception.
> I would like to store Computer accounts in ou=Computers and get them out
> of ou=People.  I've tried simply makeing this the ou that Computers are
> added to but then the XP clients cannot seem to see them.  Changeing
> this is likley to be easy to do and incredibly hard to find the specific
> details of how to do it.  I know where I want to put things but I don't
> know how to tell Samba (or perhaps the client XP box?) where they are.

Are you using samba 2.2 or 3.0?
With samba 3.0 you can specify this in smb.conf

ldap suffix = dc=brgs,dc=org
ldap machine suffix = ou=Machines
ldap user suffix = ou=People

But AFAIR this is not possible with samba 2.2, beside this options are
missing it still requieres a unix account for every machine trust
account.

Another way to make the directory more clear would be to put the machine
trust accounts into a sub-ou below ou=People.

ciao
Dariush
--
PGP Fingerprint: 0x886C99A1