[Samba] Profile migration again

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Jan 16 16:05:01 GMT 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Gabriel D. Preston wrote:

> John,
>
> I tried following your instructions but ran into a problem since the
> profiles are already domain profiles, but stored locally.  The Win2K
> workstations currently belong to another domain (AAA).  When I try and
> copy these local profiles over, I don't have access to the new domain
> (BBB) when I am trying  to change the "Permitted to use".  So I tried
> moving the computer over to the new domain (BBB) and then copying the
> profiles over.  But then when I clicked on "User Profiles" all of the
> accounts were listed as "Account deleted".  Do you have possibly another
> set of instructions that I could follow for this kind of scenario?

If they are already domain user profiles then the samba-3.0.0 'profiles'
tool should report the SID's in NTUser.DAT and should allow you to change
them.

If not, package up a users' profile in a compressed tar file and send it
to me. I could provide an upload point for you if it is too large to
email. One of us will have a look at it.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org