[Samba] Installation problem

mark lists at xinot.net
Wed Jan 15 13:12:01 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 13:01, serdar aslan wrote:
>  Hi friends we are new at these business
>  We have operating system=Open bsd
>  we want install samba to our operating system.
>
>  in lynux there is a command rpm to install samba.
>  whar should i use instead in open bsd?
>
>   Thanks a lot.
Under openbsd you would either use the ports tree or compile from source.

For ports, cd /usr/ports/net/samba
and as root, or using sudo if that's configured

make

then

make install.

This assumes you are connected to the net.  make will download and build
samba.  make install installs it.  You could also download the package and
use the pkg_install command.

If you want to compile from source, there is a lot of documentation at
samba.org.  It's much better than I can explain it.
mark